[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi-userland for SPARC

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 22:23:44 UTC 2017

Hey Volker,

> On Feb 27, 2017, at 11:18 PM, Volker A. Brandt <vab at bb-c.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Adam!
>

>> we are lacking infrastructure without which we can't
>> do anything SPARC-related.
>
> This is a bit surprising because many people have been offering SPARC
> systems and hosting and other support over the years -- the last offer
> came from David Halko only a week ago (in the illumos-discuss mailing
> list).
>
> So what exactly do you need?
>

> Regards — Volker

we are not lacking HW resources. There is enough people who are able to provide us with HW resources. However, we lack people actively working on the port itself - we need more manpower.
On the release engineering front, things can be automated like for hipster, so we don’t need that much effort there. However, if we are to provide fast integration and CI environment, we need to have something we can run on.

Cheers,
Adam