[OpenIndiana-discuss] Can't find /boot/zfsloader

Dirk Willems dirk.willems at exitas.be
Thu Feb 9 14:07:12 UTC 2017

Hello OI,

Today I want to switch over from my ubuntu desktop to OpenIndiana.
But I experience some issue, I create a OI-gui usb and boot from the usb
device and get following

Can't find /boot/zfsloader

illumos/x86 boot
Default: disk0s1a:/boot/zfsloader
boot:

I already tried to change in the bios the boot prio to usb and manually
set the first boot disk also on usb, but i keep having the same error.

I also tried with the OI-text usb exactly the same error, then I created
a OmniOS usb that one is booting like designed.

Followed this site
http://docs.openindiana.org/handbook/getting-started/#creating-a-hipster-usb-drive

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.