We have released a new OpenIndiana Hipster snapshot 2020.04. The noticeable changes:
- All remaining OI-specific applications have been ported from Python 2.7 to 3.5, including Caiman (slim_source) installer.
- Installation images now don’t ship Python 2.7, however some software can still depend on it.
- GCC 7 is used as the main system compiler now.
- Libreoffice 6.4 was added.
- PKG was updated to use rapidjson instead of simplejson for json processing which reduced memory consumption on operations with large package catalogues.
- A lot of packages were updated.
More information can be found in 2020.04 Release notes and new medias can be downloaded from http://dlc.openindiana.org.