We have released a new OpenIndiana Hipster snapshot 2018.10. The noticeable changes:
- Mate desktop was updated to 1.20.
- Python 3.5 was added, a lot of Python modules are now delivered for 3.5 Python version in addition to 2.7 and 3.4.
- Image Packaging System has received a lot of updates from OmniOS CE IPS and Solaris IPS.
- KVM zone brand now allows you to manage your KVM VMs as illumos zones.
- Several new compilers were added, including GCC 8 (with patches necessary to build illumos) and Rust 1.29.
- A lot of components were migrated to 64-bit-only, most newly added software defaults to 64-bit.
- Due to recent security fixes compatibilty with some Solaris applications was broken. Important one is VirtualBox