We have released a new OpenIndiana Hipster snapshot 2018.10. The noticeable changes:
- Mate desktop was updated to 1.20.
- Python 3.5 was added, a lot of Python modules are now delivered for 3.5 Python version in addition to 2.7 and 3.4.
- Image Packaging System has received a lot of updates from OmniOS CE IPS and Solaris IPS.
- KVM zone brand now allows you to manage your KVM VMs as illumos zones.
- Several new compilers were added, including GCC 8 (with patches necessary to build illumos) and Rust 1.29.
- A lot of components were migrated to 64-bit-only, most newly added software defaults to 64-bit.
- Due to recent security fixes compatibilty with some Solaris applications was broken. Important one is VirtualBox
More information can be found in 2018.10 Release notes and new medias can be downloaded from http://dlc.openindiana.org.