We have released a new OpenIndiana hipster snapshot 2016.10. This snapshots contains some notable changes:
- Intel KMS was integrated and should work on some Intel GPUs. This provides a huge leap forward for desktop users.
- Mate 1.14 has replaced aging GNOME 2 and is the default desktop environment. The look and feel was kept the same.
- FreeBSD loader was integrated and made the default boot loader.
- Python 2.6 was completely removed and Python 2.7 is the only Python 2 version available. Work on integrating Python 3.5 is ongoing.
- SunSSH was dropped and replaced with OpenSSH
More informations can be found in https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/2016.10+Release+notes and new medias can be downloaded from http://dlc.openindiana.org.