As we believe it is crucial to provide new development tools for testing, the latest release of the GCC 5 series, dated June 3. 2016, is now added the Hipster repository: for now GCC 4.9.4 stays the base compiler.
Supported languages in this distribution are: C, C++, Objective C and FORTRAN.
Most notable changes:
- compilation of C language defaults now to mode GNU11,
- new C++11 ABI is used by default,
- full experimental support of C++ 14 is provided,
- several link-time optimization improvements are implemented,
- OpenMP 4.0 specification is supported,
- preliminary OpenACC 2.0a specification is provided.
The package FMRI for GCC 5 is pkg:/developer/gcc-5 while runtime libraries are provided in separate packages.
Files are installed in /usr/gcc/5 and symbolics links to the binaries are provided for convenience in /usr/bin e.g /usr/bin/gcc-5 -> /usr/gcc/5/bin/gcc.